Dh1 million sought for boy injured in school bus accident

0
233

By

DUBAI // The family of a teenage boy who was severely injured when a school bus ran over him last year has filed a lawsuit seeking up to Dh1 million.

The family of a teenage boy who was severely injured when a school bus ran over him last year has filed a lawsuit seeking up to Dh1 million.  Ali Sultan, a lawyer for the family of Shahroz Khan, 14, said they would be suing the school, its insurance company and the bus driver.
The family of a teenage boy who was severely injured when a school bus ran over him last year has filed a lawsuit seeking up to Dh1 million. Ali Sultan, a lawyer for the family of Shahroz Khan, 14, said they would be suing the school, its insurance company and the bus driver.

Ali Sultan, a lawyer for the family of Shahroz Khan, 14, said they would be suing the school, its insurance company and the bus driver.

The civil suit seeks damages and compensation for medical treatment on behalf of Shahroz, a Pakistani student.

The first hearing in the case took place yesterday at the Dubai Court. The case has been adjourned until May 24.

“The boy still has problems walking and it will take time for him to get fixed medically,” Mr Sultan said.

“He is very young and spent a lot of time in hospital, and he will still need more care. We have said it will be Dh800,000 to Dh1 million for his treatment. We have left it to the court to decide the exact amount.” More info

LEAVE A REPLY